MHAworks is currently looking for a versatile proposal specialist with strong project management skills and an eye for detail to join the marketing team. This position will be primarily responsible for producing proposal responses for request for qualifications (RFQ) or request for proposal (RFP), collecting data and content for solicited proposals and interviews, helping maintain databases and proposal resources, and serving as the main support to the marketing manager. As a key member of the MHAworks marketing team, the proposal specialist must have the ability to work independently and with a larger team. Other needed critical skills are strong attention to detail, ability to balance and prioritize work assignments, and comfort working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience
- Excellent research and production skills with attention to accuracy and detail
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of graphic design principles
Proposal & Interview Support (75% of the role)
Provide support to the marketing manager in every aspect of the proposal and interview process. Work with the entire marketing team to help ensure proposal responses are complete, accurate, meet proposal requirements and editorial specifications, and are submitted on time.
- Monitor various solicitation notification websites (IPS, IMS, state, and local sites) to identify potential leads and bid opportunities
- Analyze proposal requirements to identify compelling and compliant win and layout strategies
- Lay out, edit, and proofread a variety of proposal types including private sector, municipal, state, and local proposals, technical proposals, qualifications packages, interviews, and presentations for both in-house and external distribution
- Design graphics for multipage proposals
- Remain informed of solicitation status, amendments, and updates, notifying members of the proposal team
- Coordinate and organize large amounts of technical and graphical information, including proposal content, photography, external consultant data, and marketing materials
- Organize all aspects of hard copy proposal production and delivery
- Help maintain project and staff information in databases
- Engage with both the internal team and consultants to ensure a high-quality submission
- Work with internal staff and team to update and maintain project sheets, resumes, and other relevant materials
- Collaborate with the marketing coordinator to ensure customized proposal content
- Maintain, augment, and improve library of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future bids
- Support all post-submission activities such as: project closeout, data mining, interview and presentation preparation, and proposal award tracking
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a team looking to streamline processes while increasing impact
Team Support (25% of the role)
Provide general support for marketing and business development projects and administrative tasks. Work with the MHAworks marketing team to help ensure all loose ends are taken care of. Be flexible and jump in to help on various tasks when needed.
- Assist with special marketing projects such as marketing collateral, presentations, events, etc.
- Assist with photography for architectural projects and events
- Edit text provided by team members to ensure consistent message, tone, and brand consistency
- Complete miscellaneous tasks for the team
- Strong editing skills and knowledge of AP Style
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe InDesign
- Detail-oriented and precise attention to detail
- Strong organizational, planning, time management, and prioritization skills
- Multitasker that can handle the pressure of tight deadlines
- Exhibits a can-do attitude and willingness to lead and follow as a team player
- Responsive, assertive, and resourceful
- Strong desire to learn
- Marketing and proposal experience in A/E/C industry or related field
- Standard Form 254 & 330 preparation experience
- Photography & video experience
- Photoshop and Lightroom
Founded in 1988 as a solo practice, MHAworks has become a successful commercial design firm that provides architecture and interior design services through our regional offices in Asheville, Durham, and Greenville, North Carolina. The firm has a staff of more than 40 professionals providing architecture, interior design, and planning services.
We offer expertise in the design of multifamily and mixed-use, health care, life science, research and development, state and municipal government, and higher education projects. Though we have grown significantly over the last three decades, we have not lost sight of our founding principle: developing lasting partnerships.
We value each member of our team and strive to provide them with an environment that enriches their quality of life and fosters their professional development. We understand that our team members have responsibilities outside of work, which is why we offer a flexible hybrid schedule, allowing our team to be present for the events and moments that are important to them.
- Hybrid work schedule (work from home Fridays)
- 25 paid days of personal leave per calendar year; additional days awarded at five- and ten-year service marks
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance policy
- Life insurance policy ($10,000)
- 100% paid health insurance policy for employee; dental, vision, and dependent coverage available
- 401K retirement plan with employer matching
- Quarterly bonuses based on firm profits
- Paid professional dues