Ronald McDonald House Expansion Breaks Ground
May 25th, 2017
Officials broke ground on an 11,000 square-foot expansion and remodeling of the Ronald McDonald House in Greenville on Wednesday, May 24th. MHAworks is the architect of record for this project, having a longstanding relationship with the Ronald McDonald House, and Hudson Brothers is the general contractor.
The current facility, built in 1987, includes 21 guest rooms. The expansion and renovation will provide a new family game room, children’s playroom, and new laundry facilities, as well as an updated kitchen, dining area, lobby, volunteer center, and office space. The expansion will provide additional guest rooms, while existing ones will be remodeled and expanded to better accommodate more families; the Ronald McDonald House currently serves over 500 families annually.
The Ronald McDonald House is a non-profit organization that serves as a home-away-from-home for families wishing to remain near their critically ill or injured child. The eastern NC house’s location across the street from Greenville Memorial Hospital, Greenville Children’s Hospital, and the Shriner’s Hospital makes it a valuable source of comfort and happiness in times of need for families across the state.
The House currently has a project fundraising goal of $1 million, and the project is scheduled to be complete by Spring 2018.
Check out the pictures below of the official groundbreaking ceremony – even Ronald himself came out!
Recent MHAworks News & Events
- - MHAworks Welcomes Cyd Jaggers
- - MHAworks Welcomes Caleb Knott
- - Happy Valentine’s Day from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Collaborates with ECU Interior Design Students
- - MHAworks Welcomes Mani Medina-Markham
- - George Hining Becomes Partner
- - TBJ Names MHAworks 10th Largest Architecture Firm in NC
- - Happy New Year from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Attends Annual We Care Event
- - Happy Holidays from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Welcomes Shelli Brannan
- - MHAworks Welcomes Marilia Pereira
- - MHAworks Welcomes Sam Meyers
- - Jennifer Turner Walks in Roxboro Veteran’s Day Parade
- - Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Held for TROSA Comprehensive Care Center
- - McCormick Place Passed by Planning & Zoning Commission
- - Happy Halloween from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Asheville presents 45 Asheland Hard Hat Tour
- - MHAworks Attends Opportunity Chatham Event
- - MHAworks Attends Ronald McDonald House Beam Signing Event