Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Held for TROSA Comprehensive Care Center
November 6th, 2017
“Today is a great day for TROSA, but an even better day for Durham.” TROSA leaders and members of the Board of Directors took to the podium before a crowd of attendees at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the all-new Comprehensive Care Center the afternoon of Wednesday, November 1st. Jared Martinson, Andy King, and Chloe King represented MHAworks at the event. Speakers included:
- Greg Britz, TROSA Board of Directors Chair
- Catherine Gilliss, TROSA Board of Directors Vice Chair & TROSA Comprehensive Care Center Campaign Committee Chair
- Rep. MaryAnn Black, Duke Health Associate Vice President for Community Relations & Lead Campaign Partner
- Stran Summers, BCBSNC Corporate Tax and U65 & Small Group Segment Controller, TROSA Board of Directors member & Lead Campaign Partner
- Kevin McDonald, TROSA Founder, President & CEO
These individuals took the opportunity to express their enthusiasm and gratitude to community members, donors, and design teams for their help making the Care Center a reality. Greg Britz recognized the design and construction teams for their efforts on the Care Center, saying “MHAworks, CT Wilson, and Coulter Jewell Thames worked with TROSA from the beginning to make the ambitious project we imagined a reality.” Prue Meehan, Founder of The Women of Substance, community member, and mental health advocate, congratulated project architect Jared Martinson on a job well done, saying “The thing I like best about [the Care Center] is that it looks like it has always been here. We felt the residents at TROSA should have an enhanced care center to meet their needs and to serve the larger population now in the program.” And Keith Artin, TROSA Chief Operating Officer, offered insight to his experience with the project: “We are thrilled about the completion of our Comprehensive Care Center. This is something our program has needed for a long time, but it’s amazing how everything came together. It was a pleasure working with the team at MHAworks – they were essential in helping us navigate this complex project, and their design really addresses our needs. We look forward to having opportunities to work with them again in the future!”
After opening remarks and words from the lead campaign partners, TROSA Founder and CEO Kevin McDonald invited attendees into the building for self guided tours.
Many other public officials were in attendance, including:
- Charlie Reece, Durham City Council
- Brenda Howerton & Heidi Carter, Durham County Commissioners
- Durham Mayor Pro-Tempore Cora Cole-McFadden
- Sen. Mike Woodard
- Sen. Floyd McKissick
- Sen. Joyce Krawiec
- Representatives for Senators Thom Tillis and Richard Burr
- Representatives for Congressmen David Price & G.K. Butterfield
To bring the Center to life, TROSA conducted its first public capital campaign in its 23-year history. The effort surpassed a goal of $2.64 million, thanks to grants, private donations and state funding. Lead donors include Peter J. and Prudence F. Meehan of Chapel Hill, the Oak Foundation, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina and Duke Health.
The 10,000 SF Center features private medical exam rooms and houses TROSA’s intake office, which conducts assessments for incoming residents.
Check out the pictures below for a first look at the newly completed Comprehensive Care Center!
Recent MHAworks News & Events
- - MHAworks Welcomes Cyd Jaggers
- - MHAworks Welcomes Caleb Knott
- - Happy Valentine’s Day from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Collaborates with ECU Interior Design Students
- - MHAworks Welcomes Mani Medina-Markham
- - George Hining Becomes Partner
- - TBJ Names MHAworks 10th Largest Architecture Firm in NC
- - Happy New Year from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Attends Annual We Care Event
- - Happy Holidays from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Welcomes Shelli Brannan
- - MHAworks Welcomes Marilia Pereira
- - MHAworks Welcomes Sam Meyers
- - Jennifer Turner Walks in Roxboro Veteran’s Day Parade
- - Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Held for TROSA Comprehensive Care Center
- - McCormick Place Passed by Planning & Zoning Commission
- - Happy Halloween from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Asheville presents 45 Asheland Hard Hat Tour
- - MHAworks Attends Opportunity Chatham Event
- - MHAworks Attends Ronald McDonald House Beam Signing Event