MHAworks Provides Design Assistance for New Miracle League Field
September 5th, 2017
MHAworks has been asked by the Miracle League of the Triangle, the Durham Bulls, and Capitol Broadcasting to provide design assistance for a new baseball facility. The Miracle League of the Triangle is a program that allows differently-abled children and adults to enjoy and play a game of baseball with the assistance of trained volunteers in a safe, secure environment. The new facility will be located at the corner of Morehead Avenue and Blackwell Street, across the street from the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The new ball park will draw design elements from the new Durham Bulls Athletic Park, as well as the historic Durham Athletic Park. The new field will feature a custom, rubberized turf equipped to accommodate wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
This new field will be the third location for the Miracle League, joining facilities in Cary and Raleigh. Construction is scheduled to begin in late 2017. MHAworks is honored to be a part of such a wonderful cause and program.
As a part of the partnership with the Miracle League of the Triangle, the Durham Bulls and Capitol Broadcasting are kicking off a fundraiser with a $400,000 matching grant. To donate to the cause, visit miracleleagueofthetriangle.com. Also donating to the cause are Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina and EmergeOrtho.
Be sure to check out the Miracle League of the Triangle’s recent mention in The Herald Sun.
Recent MHAworks News & Events
- - MHAworks Welcomes Cyd Jaggers
- - MHAworks Welcomes Caleb Knott
- - Happy Valentine’s Day from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Collaborates with ECU Interior Design Students
- - MHAworks Welcomes Mani Medina-Markham
- - George Hining Becomes Partner
- - TBJ Names MHAworks 10th Largest Architecture Firm in NC
- - Happy New Year from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Attends Annual We Care Event
- - Happy Holidays from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Welcomes Shelli Brannan
- - MHAworks Welcomes Marilia Pereira
- - MHAworks Welcomes Sam Meyers
- - Jennifer Turner Walks in Roxboro Veteran’s Day Parade
- - Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Held for TROSA Comprehensive Care Center
- - McCormick Place Passed by Planning & Zoning Commission
- - Happy Halloween from MHAworks!
- - MHAworks Asheville presents 45 Asheland Hard Hat Tour
- - MHAworks Attends Opportunity Chatham Event
- - MHAworks Attends Ronald McDonald House Beam Signing Event