Bella Trio Opens New Location
May 26th, 2017
MHAworks is excited to be the architect of record for the first salon and spa to open on the American Tobacco campus, Bella Trio, with Gateway Building Company acting as contractor. Noted as the ultimate indulgence of mind, body and spirit, Bella Trio offers services such as esthetics, massages, manicures, pedicures, facials, and hair styling. The new location opened its doors on May 1st.
The existing shell space was redesigned to include a new main lobby with 18-foot-high open ceilings, 10 modern styling stations, an esthetics room, two serene massage rooms, a state-of-the-art sauna, and a manicure/pedicure room, among other features.
In keeping with the Bella Trio brand, MHAworks was tasked with creating a studio that featured both a vibrant and exciting salon area for cutting edge styling, as well as a calm and relaxing area for spa treatments. As such, acoustics also had to be accounted for, posing an exciting challenge for designers.
The new Bella Trio studio is adjacent to the trendy Aloft Durham Hotel. Bella Trio has another original location on Fayetteville Street, about two miles from The Streets at Southpoint.
“We utilized every inch of the 2,700 square foot space, maximizing storage and creating a space that reflected the Bella Trio Studio brand.” – Jennifer Turner, Director of Interior Design
Recent MHAworks News & Events
- - MHAworks Welcomes Natalya Anissimova
- - MHAworks Welcomes Jeff Trussler
- - MHAworks Welcomes Scott Booth
- - MHAworks Welcomes Jacinta Cofield
- - From Scraps to Crafts — MHAworks Donates to Durham School of the Arts
- - MHAworks Welcomes Ally Gagliardo
- - MHAworks Sponsors 2018 InterCity Strategic Leadership Visit
- - MHAworks Honors Toni Hill
- - MHAworks Welcomes Tyler Scire
- - MHAworks Attends Annual Duke Children’s Gala
- - Interiors Attends Triangle Evidence-Based Design Forum
- - MHAworks Welcomes Megan Paris
- - Chloe King Earns Notary Public Certification
- - Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Pitt Community College
- - George Hining Attends NCEDA Winter Conference
- - Marketing Attends SMPS Triangle Team Building Program
- - MHAworks Projects Earn LEED® Silver
- - MHAworks Welcomes Emily Gaines
- - MHAworks Welcomes Cyd Jaggers
- - MHAworks Welcomes Caleb Knott