The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and coordinating the firm’s print and digital marketing, promotional collateral, and social media presence. Ideal candidate will need to be a self-motivated, organized, flexible person with excellent written, verbal, and layout skills to support marketing and proposal activities. As a key player in MHAworks’ marketing, brand awareness, and business development efforts the Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Marketing Manager as well as others on the team. Candidate must have the ability to work independently and also in cooperation one-on-one and with a larger team, organize and prioritize work assignments, and feel comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related field
- Excellent writing, verbal, and production skills, with attention to detail
- Marketing experience in A/E/C industry or related field a plus
Marketing + Communications (70% of the role)
- Assist with executing daily marketing activities and communication calendars including:
- Website updates – images, banners, blog content, text changes, etc.
- Social media posts
- Press releases and event promotions
- Schedule regular check-ins with team members across the firm to update marketing and proposal resources including resumes, project sheets, and databases
- Assist with professional photography coordination for finished architectural projects and events
- Assist with special marketing projects such as marketing collateral, presentations, etc.
- Research and develop communications for brochures, award programs, advertisements, blog posts, speaking engagements and publication submissions
- Maintain stock of updated print collateral and studio books for business development activities
Proposals (30% of the role)
When needed, take responsibility for content, design layout, production and timely delivery of proposal submissions
- Develop and maintain written responses, ensuring they are engaging and appropriate for each project
- Engage with both the internal team and consultants to ensure high quality submissions
- Be responsible for coordinating the activities associated with the proposal
- Write compelling content and edit text provided by team members to ensure consistent message and tone
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a team looking to streamline processes while increasing impact
KNOWLEDGE + SKILLS:
- Strong listening and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exhibits a can-do attitude and willingness to lead and follow as a team player
- Responsive, assertive, and resourceful
- Detail oriented and precise
- Creative and innovative thinker, embraces change
- Strong organizational, planning, time management, and prioritization skills
- Experience using Mac computers
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Comfortable working in Adobe Suite (specifically InDesign) and Microsoft Office
- Experience using various social media platforms and WordPress a plus
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MHAworks is a commercial architecture firm serving clients in North Carolina from offices in Durham, Asheville, Pittsboro, and Greenville. Founded in 1988, the firm has a staff of more than 45 professionals providing architecture, interior design. and planning.