MHAworks is a commercial architecture firm serving clients in North Carolina from offices in Durham, Asheville, Pittsboro, and Greenville. Founded in 1988, the firm has a staff of more than 45 professionals providing architecture, interior design, and planning. We are a family-friendly design firm, providing an exceptional opportunity for growth, ability to work on interesting projects, and a diverse learning environment. The strength of the firm is directly proportional to the strength of our individual members, which is why we seek to hire professionals who share our commitment to excellence.
MHAworks has an immediate opening for an Interior Designer in our Durham office. The successful candidate should have at least three years’ experience working for a commercial architecture firm. MHAworks is committed to hiring a diverse workforce of talented individuals. MHAworks is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Interior Designers:
- Engage in all phases of design including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration.
- Participate in the coordination and presentation of schematic plans, finish selections, and furniture selections.
- Proficient in the areas of millwork detailing, interior details, finish plans, and construction documents.
- Assist in consultant coordination while maintaining client expectations and team communication.
- Participate in construction administration and project bidding.
- Familiar with lighting selections, furniture types, and material appropriateness.
- Contribute to office activities, continuing education, and firm initiatives.
- Minimum of three years of Commercial Interior Design experience.
- Four-year Interior Design degree from a Council for Interior Design (CIDA) accredited school.
- Applicant must be proficient with Autodesk Revit software, and other 3D modeling software.
- Strong knowledge of materials, furniture, finishes, color section, and specifications.
- Familiar with building and accessibility codes.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop are preferred.
- Must be able to meet with clients, sales representatives, contractors, and engineers.
- Must have strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Applicant must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and handle multiple project workloads.
- Working toward or currently hold NCIDQ certification.
- Must be able to be a team player, while thoughtfully expressing new design ideas.
- Comfortable presenting in front of clients and staff.
To be considered, please send your resume and portfolio in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org.