MHAworks is hiring an interior design summer intern in our Durham office for summer 2022. This is a paid internship and will require 25-30 hours per week.
- Currently enrolled in and have successfully completed a minimum of 3 years in a qualified interior design or interior architectural program at an accredited university
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Enscape preferred
- Proficiency in Lumion, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus
- Knowledge of relevant building codes, and accessibility requirements is a plus
- Assist designers with Revit and AutoCAD drawings
- Assist with renderings and graphic design
- Assist with code review and test fits
- Attend in-house interior design meetings and prepare for and participate in presentations
- Finish library organization, clean-up, and updating
- Select and prepare finish selections for projects
- Attend product representative meetings
- Assist designers with field verification
- Attend project meetings and take meeting notes
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Dana Herman email@example.com.
Founded in 1988 as a solo practice, MHAworks has become a successful commercial design firm that provides architecture and interior design services through our regional offices in Asheville, Durham, and Greenville, North Carolina. The firm has a staff of more than 40 professionals providing architecture, interior design, and planning services.
We offer expertise in the design of multifamily and mixed-use, health care, life science, research and development, state and municipal government, and higher education projects. Though we have grown significantly over the last three decades, we have not lost sight of our main core value that makes us who we are: partnership.
We value each member of our team and strive to provide them with an environment that enriches their quality of life and fosters their professional development. We understand that our team members have responsibilities outside of work, which is why we offer a flexible hybrid schedule, allowing our team to be present for the events and moments that are important to them.