Ronald McDonald House Expansion Breaks Ground
May 25th, 2017
Officials broke ground on an 11,000 square-foot expansion and remodeling of the Ronald McDonald House in Greenville on Wednesday, May 24th. MHAworks is the architect of record for this project, having a longstanding relationship with the Ronald McDonald House, and Hudson Brothers is the general contractor.
The current facility, built in 1987, includes 21 guest rooms. The expansion and renovation will provide a new family game room, children’s playroom, and new laundry facilities, as well as an updated kitchen, dining area, lobby, volunteer center, and office space. The expansion will provide additional guest rooms, while existing ones will be remodeled and expanded to better accommodate more families; the Ronald McDonald House currently serves over 500 families annually.
The Ronald McDonald House is a non-profit organization that serves as a home-away-from-home for families wishing to remain near their critically ill or injured child. The eastern NC house’s location across the street from Greenville Memorial Hospital, Greenville Children’s Hospital, and the Shriner’s Hospital makes it a valuable source of comfort and happiness in times of need for families across the state.
The House currently has a project fundraising goal of $1 million, and the project is scheduled to be complete by Spring 2018.
Check out the pictures below of the official groundbreaking ceremony – even Ronald himself came out!
Recent MHAworks News & Events
- - MHAworks Attends Ronald McDonald House Beam Signing Event
- - Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church
- - George Hining Attends 4th Annual Cabin for CASA Fundraiser
- - MHAworks Displays Projects at Creedmoor Music Festival
- - Rhubarb Wins 2017 AIA Divine Detail Award
- - MHAworks Asheville Rides in 2017 Gravel Grinder
- - MHAworks Provides Design Assistance for New Miracle League Field
- - MHAworks Holds Clothing Drive for Triangle NC Dress for Success
- - MHAworks Attends Chatham County Development Briefing
- - TROSA Comprehensive Care Center Nearing Completion
- - Concrete Poured for 45 Asheland Condominiums
- - MHAworks Welcomes Katie Johnson
- - MHAworks Completes Office and Training Spaces for UNC Healthcare in Morrisville
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel Joins Preserve Durham as Board Member
- - Jennifer Turner is At-Large Member on LEHP Board
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel and Ashley Andrews Attend NeoCon 2017
- - MHAworks Welcomes Peter Looper
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel Debuts 1107 Fairview
- - Bella Trio Opens New Location
- - Ronald McDonald House Expansion Breaks Ground