MHAworks Provides Design Assistance for New Miracle League Field
September 5th, 2017
MHAworks has been asked by the Miracle League of the Triangle, the Durham Bulls, and Capitol Broadcasting to provide design assistance for a new baseball facility. The Miracle League of the Triangle is a program that allows differently-abled children and adults to enjoy and play a game of baseball with the assistance of trained volunteers in a safe, secure environment. The new facility will be located at the corner of Morehead Avenue and Blackwell Street, across the street from the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The new ball park will draw design elements from the new Durham Bulls Athletic Park, as well as the historic Durham Athletic Park. The new field will feature a custom, rubberized turf equipped to accommodate wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
This new field will be the third location for the Miracle League, joining facilities in Cary and Raleigh. Construction is scheduled to begin in late 2017. MHAworks is honored to be a part of such a wonderful cause and program.
As a part of the partnership with the Miracle League of the Triangle, the Durham Bulls and Capitol Broadcasting are kicking off a fundraiser with a $400,000 matching grant. To donate to the cause, visit miracleleagueofthetriangle.com. Also donating to the cause are Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina and EmergeOrtho.
Be sure to check out the Miracle League of the Triangle’s recent mention in The Herald Sun.
Recent MHAworks News & Events
- - MHAworks Attends Ronald McDonald House Beam Signing Event
- - Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church
- - George Hining Attends 4th Annual Cabin for CASA Fundraiser
- - MHAworks Displays Projects at Creedmoor Music Festival
- - Rhubarb Wins 2017 AIA Divine Detail Award
- - MHAworks Asheville Rides in 2017 Gravel Grinder
- - MHAworks Provides Design Assistance for New Miracle League Field
- - MHAworks Holds Clothing Drive for Triangle NC Dress for Success
- - MHAworks Attends Chatham County Development Briefing
- - TROSA Comprehensive Care Center Nearing Completion
- - Concrete Poured for 45 Asheland Condominiums
- - MHAworks Welcomes Katie Johnson
- - MHAworks Completes Office and Training Spaces for UNC Healthcare in Morrisville
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel Joins Preserve Durham as Board Member
- - Jennifer Turner is At-Large Member on LEHP Board
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel and Ashley Andrews Attend NeoCon 2017
- - MHAworks Welcomes Peter Looper
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel Debuts 1107 Fairview
- - Bella Trio Opens New Location
- - Ronald McDonald House Expansion Breaks Ground