MHAworks Attends Ronald McDonald House Beam Signing Event
October 10th, 2017
Albi McLawhorn and Dani Hoff of MHAworks Greenville joined board members of Ronald McDonald House of Eastern North Carolina and other guests at a beam signing ceremony for the new addition to the existing house. Guests signed the bare beams of the unfinished addition before construction crews cover them with wall paneling. This act symbolizes the community’s efforts in bringing this project to fruition, and serves as a testament to the charity’s success.
The Ronald McDonald House of Eastern North Carolina, one of nine located in the state and one of over 360 worldwide, is located across the street from Vidant Medical Center and Maynard Children’s Hospital, allowing families to spend more time with their child throughout the treatment and healing processes, as well as to interact directly with their clinical care team and to remain directly involved in important medical decisions.
The 10,000 sf, two-story addition will include seven new bedrooms, a new laundry room, and a board room, to be used a communal gathering space for special events. Also to be included are additional kitchen space, a play area, a pantry and storage space, and a spacious “donation center” consisting of offices, restrooms, and a public parlor. A special feature of the addition will be the adult relaxation space, which will allow parents to keep an eye on their children through wall-sized glass windows on both ends, looking into the play area.
In a tremendous act of generosity, Greenville TV and Appliance has made arrangements for all appliances at no cost to the Ronald McDonald House. Engineering Source of NC, PA also saw to it that filtering systems and other features be upgraded at no charge. Phyllis Flye, construction consultant for Ronald McDonald House, asserts “our eastern North Carolina community is making our dreams come true.”
The addition is estimated to cost about $4 million. The board is currently collected the remaining funds by way of a capital campaign.
More information and photos of this event can be found in The Daily Reflector.
Recent MHAworks News & Events
- - MHAworks Attends Ronald McDonald House Beam Signing Event
- - Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church
- - George Hining Attends 4th Annual Cabin for CASA Fundraiser
- - MHAworks Displays Projects at Creedmoor Music Festival
- - Rhubarb Wins 2017 AIA Divine Detail Award
- - MHAworks Asheville Rides in 2017 Gravel Grinder
- - MHAworks Provides Design Assistance for New Miracle League Field
- - MHAworks Holds Clothing Drive for Triangle NC Dress for Success
- - MHAworks Attends Chatham County Development Briefing
- - TROSA Comprehensive Care Center Nearing Completion
- - Concrete Poured for 45 Asheland Condominiums
- - MHAworks Welcomes Katie Johnson
- - MHAworks Completes Office and Training Spaces for UNC Healthcare in Morrisville
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel Joins Preserve Durham as Board Member
- - Jennifer Turner is At-Large Member on LEHP Board
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel and Ashley Andrews Attend NeoCon 2017
- - MHAworks Welcomes Peter Looper
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel Debuts 1107 Fairview
- - Bella Trio Opens New Location
- - Ronald McDonald House Expansion Breaks Ground