Alicia Hylton-Daniel and Ashley Andrews Attend NeoCon 2017
June 15th, 2017
MHAworks is happy to have Interiors’ Ashley Andrews and project manager Alicia Hylton-Daniel return safely from their trek to NeoCon 2017! NeoCon is the largest commercial interiors show in the United States, and is held at the famed, 4,000,000-sf Merchandise Mart in Chicago, IL.
This year was Alicia’s first time attending the convention, and she could not have been more enthusiastic. Prior to attending, she said, “We are there to review and understand trends in the market based on research, user demand and the new ways businesses are thinking in terms of the overall design process.” Alicia showed particular interest in seeing where the field of interior design is headed, considering how social media affects the dynamic and the ways in which interior design is understood by the masses. “Social media sites like Pinterest, Houzz and many others tend to give an unrealistic view of the design process and services,” says Alicia. While at the convention, Alicia met up with one of MHAworks’s clients to check out a two-story glass system, a one-of-a-kind system made of timber and glass. “I’m looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!” said Alicia.
Ashley, having attended NeoCon in years past, was excited about not only viewing new trends, but seeing which trends have exhibited lasting power over time. Ashley was most invested in learning about how products can support our design as a company, and how research and development are advancing the sphere of interior design. “Furniture companies spend a lot of resources not only on market forecasting, but also on observing and testing new concepts in the workplace to see how they improve workplace efficiency and the well-being of employees. And we get to experience all of this in one place,” says Ashley. “As designers, it’s important that we stay on top of these developments so that we can pass on the benefits to our clients and help them remain competitive in the marketplace.” At the convention, Ashley attended two seminars, entitled “Designing a Workplace for Non-Profits” – a niche of hers at MHAworks – and “The Business Side of Design 2.0 – Proposals, Contracts and Design Fees,” both of which proved to be extremely exciting and informative.
NeoCon has been held annually for 49 years, with over 50,000 design professionals and 500 leading companies in attendance each year. To learn more about the convention, visit http://www.neocon.com.
Recent MHAworks News & Events
- - MHAworks Attends Ronald McDonald House Beam Signing Event
- - Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church
- - George Hining Attends 4th Annual Cabin for CASA Fundraiser
- - MHAworks Displays Projects at Creedmoor Music Festival
- - Rhubarb Wins 2017 AIA Divine Detail Award
- - MHAworks Asheville Rides in 2017 Gravel Grinder
- - MHAworks Provides Design Assistance for New Miracle League Field
- - MHAworks Holds Clothing Drive for Triangle NC Dress for Success
- - MHAworks Attends Chatham County Development Briefing
- - TROSA Comprehensive Care Center Nearing Completion
- - Concrete Poured for 45 Asheland Condominiums
- - MHAworks Welcomes Katie Johnson
- - MHAworks Completes Office and Training Spaces for UNC Healthcare in Morrisville
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel Joins Preserve Durham as Board Member
- - Jennifer Turner is At-Large Member on LEHP Board
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel and Ashley Andrews Attend NeoCon 2017
- - MHAworks Welcomes Peter Looper
- - Alicia Hylton-Daniel Debuts 1107 Fairview
- - Bella Trio Opens New Location
- - Ronald McDonald House Expansion Breaks Ground